Lydia & William

Online Journal of the early years of Lydia Kent and William Joseph Welch.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Winter White

So it appears that there is talk circulating regarding my recent blog appearance wearing white after labor day. Not ecru, not off white, not even pearl, but crisp summer white. Yes, I am aware of the startling fashion implications of such a daring and bold display. However, here is my response:

1. I'm a baby.

2. I live in California, not the south. Although my parents are well versed in southern etiquette and have imparted their knowledge to me, people around here don't seem to care. When in Rome....

3. When you grow as quickly as I do you have to work with what you've got. Mom bought white pants size 12-18 months. Although I could wait until after Easter to attempt to squeeze into them, I am 9 months old and they happen to fit me now. It's chilly. They're pants. They fit.

4. If you're still ready to slate me to the worst dressed baby list, check out what fashion giant "In Style" has to say before you cast your vote:
http://www.instyle.com/instyle/trends/thelook/0,23460,1143970_1,00.html

5. Once again, I'm a baby.

LKW

4 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Ruth Petree said...

O sweet Lydia, don't listen to the naysayers! I am SO on your side in the whole White After Labor Day Debate. I've worn my own white pants for the last two Sundays in spite of Jason's protests. But what does he know? He spends all day Saturday in Tennessee Volunteer Orange. Um, hello? Yeah, I think the fashion faux pas is clear.

Love,
Lulu

October 03, 2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger chicolovesmariah said...

I would call that a winter white, so I think you can get away with it.

October 03, 2006 1:24 AM  
Blogger the welches / הוולציס said...

Thank you, CHICO. Your eye for color is immaculate!

-Lyd

October 03, 2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger Pixie's mom said...

Winter White?!!! Dude...that's PINK folks! I'm only 11 months old, and don't need IN STYLE to figure THAT out!
Naomi

November 09, 2006 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home