Lydia & William

Online Journal of the early years of Lydia Kent and William Joseph Welch.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Adventures in Discipline

Recently, Mommy and Daddy have had to resort to more creative means to get me to mind my manners at the table. Our latest exchange:

Mom- "Lydia, from now on you are going to start dinner with 4 jellybeans (laid out on the table in plain view but out of reach), and every time you throw food or drop your fork on purpose I'm taking one away.  At the end of the meal you can have your treats."

Lydia- "You won't spank me."

M- "No, I will just take a jellybean away, and I know you want to eat all 4 of the ones you have."

L-" You won't take 2."

M- "I WILL take 2 if you disobey me twice."

L- [ drops fork on the ground and smiles] "It was an accident!"

M- "No, that was on purpose. You just lost a jellybean."
Mom takes a jellybean away

Lyd- [straightfaced & serious] "Mommy...I've got P-L-E-N-T-Y more."

M -[speechless]

Dad- [shakes head] "Wow." [thinking, 'She does have 3 left, though...']


I'm so proud of my sassiness.

Sass me again little girl and see how many jelly beans you get.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to file this one away in my mind....

Well, hey. Two smart parents = one smart Lydia! I love the pictures!

March 02, 2008 7:42 AM  
Blogger Leslie Ruth Petree said...

Oh. My. Lands. I just increased my prayers for y'all a hundred fold! Apparently the Welch genes don't know the meaning of recessive in looks or attitude. Love it...because I don't have to parent it and just get to read the amusing tales :)

March 02, 2008 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home